The Manga Guide to Physiology
Student nurse Kumiko has just flunked her physiology exam and has one last shot at passing her makeup test. Lucky for her, newbie health science professor Kaisei needs a guinea pig for his physiology lectures.
Join Kumiko in The Manga Guide to Physiology as she examines the inner workings of the body while training hard for the campus marathon. You’ll learn all about:
- How the digestive system and the Citric Acid Cycle break food down into nutrients and energy
- How the body regulates temperature and vital fluids
- The body’s powerful cell defense system, led by helper T cells and enforced by macrophages
- The architecture of the central nervous system
- The kidneys’ many talents: blood filtration, homeostasis, and energy production
You’ll also gain insight into medical procedures like electrocardiograms, blood pressure tests, spirograms, and more.
Whether you’re cramming for a test like Kumiko or just want a refresher, The Manga Guide to Physiology is your fun, cartoon guide to the human body.
- High school and college students. Premed and nursing students.
Scientists, teachers, parents, and engineers. Public and school libraries.
Etsuro Tanaka is a doctor of medicine who specializes in physiology and nutritional science. A professor in the Tokyo University of Agriculture Faculty of Applied Bio-Science, he has also written several popular physiology textbooks for nursing students.