The Manga Guide™ to Biochemistry
Science, romance, and robot cats!
Kumi loves to eat, but she´s worried that her passion for junk food is affecting her health. Determined to unlock the secrets of dieting, she enlists the help of her brainy friend Nemoto and his beautiful biochemistry profsessor, Dr. Kursaka. And so the adventure begins...
Follow along in The Manga Guide To Biochemistry as kumi explores the mysteries of her body´s inner workings. With the help of robocat, the professor´s friendly endoscopic robot, you´ll soar through the incredible chemical machinery that keeps us alive and get an up-close look at biopolymers like DNA and proteins, the metabolic processes that turn our food into energy, and the enzymes that catalyze our bodies´ chemical ractions.
As you drive into the depths of plant and animal cells, you´ll learn about:
• The metabolism of substances like carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and alcohol.
• How the energy powerhouses known as mitochondria produce ATP
• DNA transcription and the different types of RNA that work together to translate the genetic code into proteins
• How enyme kinetics are measured and how enzyme inhibition works
Wether you´re an amateur scientist, a medical student, or just curious about how your body turns cupcakes into energy, The Manga Guide to Biochemistry is your key to understanding the science of life.
"Highly recommended!" - Choice Magazine
"Stimulus for the next generation of scientists." - Scientific Computing
"A great fit of form and subject. Recommended" - Otaku USA Magazine
- • College and high school students
• Parents, teachers, engineers, and scientists
• Public and school libraries
Autor / Autorin
Masharu Takemura, PhD, is currently an Associate Professor at the Tokyo University of Science. His specialties are molecular biology and biology education.